Register now for the 2020 AMSA WA Student Prize Night!
When: Tuesday 14th July 530-730pm AWST
Where: Indian Ocean Marine Research Centre, UWA and Zoom Webinars
Six WA marine science honours/masters students have been chosen to present their research for the annual AMSA WA Student Prize. These are:
- Ciara Browne, Curtin, Honours - Omura's whale acoustic detections off northwestern Australia peak at times of high sea surface temperature and in the absence of pygmy blue whale vocal activity
- Jane Edgeloe, UWA, Masters- Population genomics in Posidonia australis: assessment of adaptive variation across a natural environmental gradient in Shark Bay
- Thomas Crutchett, UWA, Masters- Investigating plastic ingestion, a baseline study on commercially caught Western Australian sardines (Sardinops sagax)
- Taylor Simpkins, UWA, Masters- The effect of aquaria stress on Porites geochemistry
- Courtney Norris, Murdoch, Honours- A quantitative assessment of the efficacy of unsupervised machine learning algorithms to classify animal behaviour from accelerometer data
- Susie Stockwell, Murdoch, Honours- Significance of shallow sand areas for foraging by Caspian Terns on a large, temperate Ramsar-listed estuary
All AMSA members are invited to register for the event via Zoom Webinars. You will be able to view the presentations live, ask questions and also vote for which presentation you think deserves the People’s Choice award! In-person attendance is currently restricted to presenters, judges and committee.
Tue 14 Jul 2020 To Tue 14 Jul 2020
5:30pm To 7:30pm