International Symposium of Genetics in Aquaculture - ISGA XIII conference will be held in Cairns Australia from 15 - 20 July, 2018. Located in beautiful and tropical Far North Queensland. A renowned international tourist destination due to its proximity to some of Australia’s most iconic natural marine and terrestrial environments.
'Empowering aquaculture through the application of modern genetics'
15 – 20 July 2018
Cairns, Queensland Australia
- Quantitative Genetics, Selective Breeding
- Biotechnology (Polyploidy, Sex control, Crispr, Transgenics)
- Genetic architecture of traits (QTL, candidate genes)
- Applied Genomics (Marker Assisted Selection and Genomic Selection)
- Genetics Related to Disease and Nutrition
- Ethics, Food Safety and Environmental Risks
- Share the latest research on aquaculture genetics and applied genomics for genetic enhancement of farmed fish, shellfish and crustaceans.
- Discuss strategies for integrating genomic resources of aquaculture species.
- To provide a forum for aquaculture geneticists to learn from leaders in terrestrial animal research about the latest developments on integrating breeding, genetics and genomics for improving performance.
- Link the past, present and future of aquaculture genetics.
Sun 15 Jul 2018 To Fri 20 Jul 2018
9:45am To 4:45pm